Pitot Failure and replacement
In the actual work of maintenance, we often encounter aircraft Pitot Fault, it needs to be replaced. Through troubleshooting, we introduce the knowledge of pitot failure and replacement.
1、 The origin of pitot
Pitot probe, also known as pitot probe, is a French engineer named Henri pitot. On the plane Pitot It is used to measure the total pressure of air flow, including dynamic pressure and static pressure. The airspeed of aircraft can be obtained by dynamic pressure. Therefore, pitot is one of the most important sensors in aircraft.
2、 Where are the pitot tubes installed?
On the A320 aircraft, there are three pitot tubes, which are installed on the left side (2 pieces) and the right side (1 piece) of the nose respectively
1. "Capt pitot"
2. "STBY pitot"
3. "F / O pitot"
They are three sets of independent systems. In actual flight, if the captain and the co pilot suspect that the altitude and airspeed of their side are inconsistent, they can compare with the backup pitot system to determine whether the pitot is faulty.
3、 Pitot failure type
There are three common faults of pitot 1. The failure of pitot heating system leads to freezing and blockage of pipeline 2. Pitot drain hole blocked
3. Data inaccuracy due to internal / external blockage of pitot
4、 How to deal with pitot failure
The pitot is so important, how to deal with it after it breaks down? Is it to replace the pitot immediately? Or can it be retained? Referring to the Mel of a certain airline, it is not difficult to find that the pitot failure can be reserved, such as the pitot failure on the co pilot side, i.e. IR2 failure.
5、 Notes for replacing pitot
When replacing the pitot tube, it should be disassembled and tested in strict accordance with AMM manual. Combined with the troubleshooting, the following points for attention should be shared with the workers:
1. Pull / restore the trip switch strictly in accordance with the sequence, and install / remove the trip switch clamp
2. When disassembling / installing the pitot, the electronic cabin colleagues should cooperate closely with the colleagues outside the cabin to prevent the pitot from falling to the ground
3. When installing the pitot gasket, the side with "pitot side" shall be close to the pitot and the other side shall be close to the fuselage.
4. When installing screws and nuts, torque requirements. Due to the small space in the electronic cabin, after troubleshooting, the tools must be cleaned, especially the flashlight, sleeve and torque wrench.
6 Pitot failure and replacement Work summary
After the replacement of the test, troubleshooting, aircraft normal departure, and in the replacement of the pitot found some ablation.
Pitot It plays a very important role in the flight. Therefore, in the work (especially before the flight), it is necessary to take down the pitot protective sleeve, and conduct face-to-face check and handover with the crew to avoid accidents.